- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® All Natural Hot Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/4 cups baking mix
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mushroom
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink and lightly browned; drain. In a large bowl, combine sausage, cheese, baking mix, onion, mushrooms and milk; mix well.
- Shape mixture into 36 walnut-size balls and place on a greased, shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Johnsonville Sausage Balls
Sort By :
"Perfect classic party appetizer! Great for a large crowd. The are best straight out of the oven. My mom did not use mushrooms in hers but she always assembled them before a party and baked them while doing last minute party prep."
"These are delish! I omitted the mushrooms but you could put these balls in a mushroom gravy if you chose to add the mushrooms. This would be great over rice or mashed potatoes or even egg noodles if you preferred."
"This is a classic recipe that my mom used to make. It's easy to assemble and real crowd pleaser. Best served warm."