- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® Ground Italian Sausage
- 48 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink and lightly browned; drain.
- Remove and discard stems from mushrooms. Arrange mushroom caps on foil-lined baking sheets.
- In a bowl, combine cooked sausage, bread crumbs, cream cheese, garlic, parsley and lemon juice. Stir until blended.
- Carefully spoon sausage mixture into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°F for 14-16 minutes of until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned. Serve hot. Yield: 48 servings.
Reviews for Johnsonville® Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
"These were delicious. I did not discard the mushroom stems though. I chopped them finely and cooked them with the sausage. I wouldn't have had enough filling to fill all the mushrooms enough otherwise. I also used mascarpone cheese instead of cream cheese as that is what I had on hand."
"Everyone loved these at my party even kids!"
"I've made this several times and love it!my guests always liked it to :) However I omitted the cream cheese and used shredded cheese instead."
"I've made this several times and love it!my guests always liked it to :)"