- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pkg (16 oz.) Johnsonville® Italian Ground Sausage
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jar (24 oz.) Classico® Four Cheese Pasta Sauce
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 large Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach, lightly packed and chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, lightly oil and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, sauté the sausage, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink. Add onion and garlic and continue sautéing for another 4 minutes until the sausage is cooked through.
- Add pasta sauce to the sausage mixture and set aside. In a medium bowl, blend ricotta cheese, egg, 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese and the chopped spinach; set aside.
- Coat a 9x13” baking dish with olive oil and spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture on the bottom. Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread 1/4 of the ricotta cheese mixture on the noodles and layer on 1 cup of the sauce mixture. Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese over this. Repeat this process three more times starting with the noodles and finish with the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Preheat oven to 350° and bake for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: Serves 6-8.
Reviews for Johnsonville® Italian Sausage Lasagna(4)
Sort By :
Great recipe! My husband doesn't like spinach, so I used much less then the recommended 2 cups. (I estimate that I used closer to 1/3 or 1/2 cup, and I tricked him into unknowingly eating the spinach by chopping it really fine in the food processor and mixing it into the meat sauce.) I found that I didn't have enough meat sauce to fill the top layer, so the next time I make this dish, I'll skip spreading the sauce beneath the first layer of noodles and, instead, place the noodles directly on the oiled baking dish.
Recently discovered this recipe which I know will be hit with family. As you can see, already have given *5* star rating!!
This was GREAT. I used Gluten free noodles, no one could tell.
My husband is a "steak & potato" man but he asks me to make this all the time. Fast, easy and will definately make again