- 1 pkg (16 oz.) Johnsonville® Italian Ground Sausage
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 cartons (15 oz. each) ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups fresh spinach, lightly packed and chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic until pork is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Add marinara sauce and oregano; simmer for 5 minutes. In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, ¼ cup Parmesan and spinach.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish, spread 1 cup meat sauce. Arrange 3 noodles over sauce. Spread one-fourth of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles, top with 1 cup of meat sauce. Sprinkle with ½ cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat process 3 times. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve. Yield: Serves 6-8.
Reviews for Johnsonville® Italian Sausage Lasagna
"Great recipe! My husband doesn't like spinach, so I used much less then the recommended 2 cups. (I estimate that I used closer to 1/3 or 1/2 cup, and I tricked him into unknowingly eating the spinach by chopping it really fine in the food processor and mixing it into the meat sauce.) I found that I didn't have enough meat sauce to fill the top layer, so the next time I make this dish, I'll skip spreading the sauce beneath the first layer of noodles and, instead, place the noodles directly on the oiled baking dish."
"Recently discovered this recipe which I know will be hit with family. As you can see, already have given *5* star rating!!"
"This was GREAT. I used Gluten free noodles, no one could tell."
"My husband is a "steak & potato" man but he asks me to make this all the time. Fast, easy and will definately make again"