Brought to you by The Kitchen at Johnsonville® Sausage.
- 2 cups uncooked whole grain elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 8 ounces processed American cheese, cubed
- 1 link (half of 13.5 ounce package) Johnsonville® Smoked or Three Cheese Italian Style Premium Cooking Sausage, quartered and sliced
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Mix panko, parsley, and olive oil together in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cheese; cook and stir until melted.
- Stir in macaroni and sausage.
- Spread panko mixture on top and bake at 350?F for 25 minutes.
- Enjoy. Yield: 5
Originally published as Johnsonville® Grown Up Mac & Cheese in Johnsonville® Sausage 2017
Reviews for Johnsonville® Grown Up Mac & Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 18, 2017
"I haven't made this yet but I will. It sounds wonderful and I like that it is made with whole grain macaroni and fat free milk."