- 4 links Johnsonville® Beef Brat, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 large waffles (make quick homemade waffles using your favorite baking mix, or save time by using store-bought frozen waffles)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced white onion
- 2 cups sliced green bell pepper
- 8 slices American cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Add oil to a large nonstick skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add onions and green peppers to pan; saute 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Spread pepper and onion mixture evenly over waffles. Top with sausage and American cheese.
- On a parchment paper lined baking pan, bake for 6-8 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 waffles
Reviews for Johnsonville Philly Cheesesteak Waffle
"Saw this recipe a couple of days ago...I'm not a sweet breakfast food person, I'm a more savory start gal...these are perfect! Tried them this morning and since I adore peppers and onions with sausage, this was a special way to start a sultry summer day! Thanks Johnsonville for an amazing recipe!"
"Waffles go so good with sausage, I usually serve this on the side. But this is such a great idea. thanks."
"Those nooks and crannies in the waffle trap all the goodness. Try spreading a touch of mustard on the waffle! Johnsonville sausage makes it the best!"
"OHHH OHHHH OHHHH!!!"
"A cheesesteak on a waffle... Sounds amazing!"