Combine your love of brats with delicious jalapeno poppers for some truly awesome appetizers! This recipe from Johnsonville takes the signature flavors of your favorite brat and adds some creamy, spicy goodness to the mix with the addition of jalapenos, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. These poppers offer up a delectable mix of flavors and textures that will give your mouth the taste adventure it craves. Whether these poppers are baked or grilled, they?re perfect for turning up the heat at your next gathering!?From the Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
- 1 package (19 ounce) Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst, removed from casing*
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 20 large jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed**
- In a large skillet, brown and stir sausage until the meat is crumbled and no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine cooked sausage, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon mixture into prepared peppers.
- Arrange filled peppers on an ungreased baking pan. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 40 appetizers
Originally published as Johnsonville Cheesy Pepper Poppers in Johnsonville® Sausage 2016
Reviews for Johnsonville Cheesy Pepper Poppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review