- 1 package (2.85 lbs) Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst Party Pack
- 1 aluminum foil baking pan (11-in. x 9-in. x 2 3/8-in.)
- 2-3 cans (12 ounces each) beer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow or white onion, sliced
- 12 brat buns
- Prepare brats on a gas or charcoal grill according to package directions. When brats are cooked, remove from grill and place in foil baking pan. Place pan on grill, add beer, butter and onions. Over medium heat, on a covered grill, allow brats to simmer in beer and onions. Serve each brat with onions on a bun. Enjoy! Yield: 12 servings
Reviews for Johnsonville Brat Hot Tub
"My husband and I make brats like this all the time. However, we also add green bell pepper sliced thinly, and sour kraut. We then use everything as garnish. Yummy!"
"I love doing brats this way...the longer they are in the "hot tub" the more tender and delicious they get. It also works great for grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. For a splash of summer in the middle of winter, we use a large Nesco for the hot tub...pick a sunny snowy day, grill quick, then hot tub!"
"This is very similiar to how we do them and they are delish."