Take your Brat Hot Tub inside with this slow-cooker recipe. Keep your brats juicy and full of flavor throughout a lengthy sporting or any event as guests come and go! From the Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
- 1 large slow cooker
- 3-4 cans (12 oz. each) beer (depending on the size of your slow cooker)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, sliced into rings
- 1 package Johnsonville® Original Brats (19 oz. tray)
- Pour in the beer; add butter and onions into slow cooker and turn on to high.
- Heat a grill pan or heavy skillet to medium high and grill or sear the brats on all sides.
- Place your Johnsonville Brats into the slow cooker and heat until the brats are cooked through, about 2 hours. Brats are fully cooked when the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Reduce heat to low to keep the brats in the slow cooker hot throughout the game.
- When folks are ready for seconds or thirds -- or even when stragglers show up late --grab a Johnsonville Brat out of this indoor hot tub and enjoy! Yield: 5 servings
Originally published as Johnsonville Brat Crock in Johnsonville® Sausage 2016
Reviews for Johnsonville Brat Crock
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review