I've been helping my mom in the kitchen since I was about 4 years old. But as a busy teen, I don't get to cook all that often. When I do, this is one of my favorite treat to fix. It's fun to make and great to eat.—Joe McRoberts, Warren, Rhode Island
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pound chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, crushed, divided
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 chocolate toffee candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed, divided
- 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream, softened
- Combine butter and half of the cookie crumbs; press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Carefully spread vanilla ice cream over crust. Combine half of the crushed candy bars and remaining cookie crumbs; sprinkle over vanilla ice cream. Carefully spread the chocolate ice cream over top. Sprinkle with the remaining crushed candy bars. Cover and freeze until firm, 6 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Joe's Ice Cream Dessert in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p14
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Joe's Ice Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review