No need to ring this "dinner bell" to summon your guests—the sight of it's enough to make folks come running! The creamy spread from Karen Balistrieri of Oconomowoc, Wisconsin gets a festive look from red pepper, pimientos and parsley on top. If you like, you can mold the mix into a Christmas tree, star, candy cane or any other appealing shape.—Karen Balistrieri, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Sweet red pepper strips, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, bacon and onions.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a serving platter in the shape of a bell; carefully spread with an icing knife to fill in the bell. Sprinkle with parsley and pimientos. Add red pepper strips across bell If desired. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Jingle Bell Spread in Country Woman July/August 1999, p9
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Jingle Bell Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review