Jingle Bell Spread Recipe
No need to ring this "dinner bell" to summon your guests—the sight of it's enough to make folks come running! The creamy spread from Karen Balistrieri of Oconomowoc, Wisconsin gets a festive look from red pepper, pimientos and parsley on top. If you like, you can mold the mix into a Christmas tree, star, candy cane or any other appealing shape.—Karen Balistrieri, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Sweet red pepper strips, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, bacon and onions.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a serving platter in the shape of a bell; carefully spread with an icing knife to fill in the bell. Sprinkle with parsley and pimientos. Add red pepper strips across bell If desired. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Jingle Bell Spread in Country Woman July/August 1999, p9
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Jingle Bell Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review