- 2 racks pork baby back ribs (about 5 pounds)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 liter lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple or orange juice, optional
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup granulated or packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce of choice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- Brush ribs with soy sauce. Combine oregano, onion powder and garlic powder; rub over both sides of ribs. Transfer to a large shallow roasting pan; refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 225°. Add lemon-lime soda and juice, if desired, to roasting pan (do not pour over ribs). Bake, covered, until tender, about 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, make barbecue sauce by dissolving sugar in hot water; combine with remaining ingredients, thinning with additional lemon-lime soda or juice if necessary. Reserve 1 cup for serving.
- Remove ribs from oven; discard juices. Brush both sides with barbecue sauce. Grill ribs, covered, on a greased grill rack over low direct heat, turning and brushing occasionally with remaining sauce, until heated through, about 10 minutes. Cut into serving-size pieces; serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Jim's Secret Family Recipe Ribs in Taste of Home June/July 2017
Reviews for Jim's Secret Family Recipe Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2017
"These ribs are so good! The meat falls off the bone, just the way I like them!"
Reviewed May. 28, 2017
"Big Bold flavor! The meat just falls right off the bone and melts into your mouth. A crowd pleaser for sure!"