Jim's Maple Barbecue
I created this out of my fondness of the maple syrup produced in our state. Your family will like the pleasant sweetness and change of pace from typical sauces.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 50 min.
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- In a blender, combine syrup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and
- garlic; process for 30 seconds. Reserve 1/3 cup for basting; cover
- and refrigerate. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag;
- pour remaining sauce over chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; cover
- and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium-low heat for
- 40 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting with
- reserved marinade during the last 10 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now