Jim's Maple Barbecue Recipe
I created this out of my fondness of the maple syrup produced in our state. Your family will like the pleasant sweetness and change of pace from typical sauces.
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- In a blender, combine syrup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and garlic; process for 30 seconds. Reserve 1/3 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; pour remaining sauce over chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium-low heat for 40 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting with reserved marinade during the last 10 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Jim's Maple Barbecue in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p94
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Jim's Maple Barbecue(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2013
Pretty good however I thought it definitely needed salt added.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >