Jim's Honey-Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. Score the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Place on a rack in a well-greased foil-lined roasting pan. Add water to pan. In a small bowl, combine the honey, brown sugar, cloves and mustard; pour over ham.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, basting with pan juices often. Add additional water to the pan if necessary. Yield: 10 servings.
5 ounces: 291 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1418mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Jim's Honey-Glazed Ham
"This did not turn out at all as I expected! The diamond cuts were dry. The glaze was more like caramel then a glaze. Didn't taste like a honey glaze. even my kids said it was dry."
"I loved the flavor of the Honey Glaze. I guess I don't like fully cooked boneless hams. Next time I will use the glaze on a bone-in ham."
"This recipe was the first ham I cooked for company and it was amaaaazing!! Didn't have cloves so I used nutmeg instead, and we used the remaining sauce as a glaze. My boyfriend doesn't normally like ham (too salty he says), but the ingredients perfectly balanced out the salt. Will definitely be my go-to recipe for future."
"Best glaze ever! Not just for ham. Great for smoked pork chops - marinate than grill! Family favorite - my Grandson calls it my 'Secret Sauce'!"
"Super good! I make this for Sunday dinners and holidays. Family loves it."
"Awsome, My family loves it. I also will add pineapple next time."
"We loved this!! We ended up using a 6 lb ham, and my husband thinks that next time we should put on some pineapple!"
"Delicious! The house smelled wonderful while it was baking, and the ham was so moist and flavorful! Will definitely make again."
"The glaze is great. I suggest using a disposal roasting pan for much easier clean-up or no clean-up at all! It was a great hit with my family."