This aroma of this ham cooking in the oven is absolutely wonderful. It comes out moist, juicy and lightly browned.—Jim Whelan, Sebastian, Florida
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Score the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Place on a rack in a well-greased foil-lined roasting pan. Add water to pan. In a small bowl, combine the honey, brown sugar, cloves and mustard; pour over ham.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, basting with pan juices often. Add additional water to the pan if necessary. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Jim's Honey-Glazed Ham in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p43
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Jim's Honey-Glazed Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review