Jim's Cheddar Bread Recipe
"I've been using a bread machine for 4 years now and wonder how I ever got along without it," marvels Jim Bodle of Clockville, New York. He shares this recipe for a moist, pretty-colored loaf. Flavorful slices of the mild cheese bread are great for sandwiches.
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk blend powder
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose light crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Jim's Cheddar Bread in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p33
Reviews for Jim's Cheddar Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review