"My husband and I like this nicely spiced combination on days when we're pressed for time," comments Carolyn Gubser of Waukesha, Wisconsin.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or 1 pound smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender Stir in the sausage, tomatoes, water, sugar and seasonings. Bring to a boil; add the rice. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Jiffy Jambalaya in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p10
Reviews for Jiffy Jambalaya
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2008
"I cut this recipe in half for just the two of us. Works great!Very good one dish recipe."