"My husband and I like this nicely spiced combination on days when we're pressed for time," comments Carolyn Gubser of Waukesha, Wisconsin.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or 1 pound smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender Stir in the sausage, tomatoes, water, sugar and seasonings. Bring to a boil; add the rice. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Jiffy Jambalaya in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p10
Reviews for Jiffy Jambalaya
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review