- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in zucchini. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
Freeze option: Transfer individual portions of cooled pasta mixture to freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little tomato sauce if necessary. Yield: 5 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Jiffy Ground Pork Skillet
Sort By :
"Excellent weekday meal."
"Easy...I forgot to purchase tomato sauce and added another can of tomatoes instead."
"One of our favorite meals. Easy and delicious."
"Good and easy! The store didn't have zucchini so we had a side salad instead."
"This was very good and I will make it again. I did substitue the tomato sauce with one that had basil, garlic and oregano and used two 8 oz cans."