Jiffy Ground Pork Skillet
Some people call it dinner hour, but many of us call it rush hour. Slow down the pace with this super-quick mouthwatering meal. The only thing you'll have left over is time to share with your family at the table. —Brigitte Schaller, Flemington, Missouri
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook pork and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and Italian
- seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5
- minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in zucchini. Cover and cook for 3-5
- minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.