Jiffy Ground Pork Skillet
Brigitte Schaller of Flemington, Missouri writes, "Some people call it dinner hour, but many of us call it rush hour. Slow down the pace with this super-quick mouthwatering meal. The only thing you'll have left over is time to share with your family at the table."Brigitte Schaller, Flemington, Missouri
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Daily Chef Penne Rigate
Give flavor to your favorite Italian meals with premium Daily Chef Pasta.
Learn More >
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook pork and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and Italian
- seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5
- minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in zucchini. Cover and cook for 3-5
- minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.