- 4 to 5 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package (9 ounces) white or yellow cake mix
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, cake mix, yeast, salt and warm water; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth, about 6-8 minutes. Roll dough into an 18-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Spread with butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough jelly-roll style, starting with the long end. Slice the roll into 1-in. circles; place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes. Frost if desired. Yield: 18 rolls.
Reviews for Jiffy Cinnamon Rolls
"I have made this recipe for so many years. I love the sweetness that the cake mix adds and it also helps to keep the rolls softer and more moist! This is a winning recipe!"
"These were pretty good and they certainly satisfied my pregnancy craving for cinnamon rolls, but my husband, brother and I could tell they were made from a cake mix rather than from scratch. By that I mean there was a much more subtle taste and the rolls were a little more dense. Overall though, good!"
"So quick and so easy!!! And delicious too! Great recipe!!!"
"Im making these for my moms birthday breakfast tomorrow,will tweak them a little though to better suit her tastes-coffee flavored:)"
"I wanted a quick cinnamon roll recipe that I could make and take for our Sunday School Class. Decided to give this a try and they were fabulous! Only adjustment I may make is to use warmed milk rather than water next time. But I see lots of these rolls in my family's future!"
"I have made these cinnamon rolls SO many times and have never been disappointed in the results. I have been asked many times if I take orders for them! My family loves them, and they are so easy to make I never say no when my 9 year old asks for them on a Saturday morning."