Quick-rise yeast and white cake mix hurry along these yummy breakfast rolls that you can have on the table in less than an hour.——Eula Colle, Marion, Kansas
- 4 to 5 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package (9 ounces) white or yellow cake mix
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, cake mix, yeast, salt and warm water; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth, about 6-8 minutes. Roll dough into an 18-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Spread with butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough jelly-roll style, starting with the long end. Slice the roll into 1-in. circles; place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes. Frost if desired. Yield: 18 rolls.
Originally published as Jiffy Cinnamon Rolls in Country Woman November/December 1990, p35
Reviews for Jiffy Cinnamon Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review