Jicama Slaw with Peanuts Recipe
- 1 medium jicama, julienned
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tangerines, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in tangerines and cilantro. Chill until serving. Just before serving, stir in peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 144 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 7g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fruit, 0 fat.
Reviews for Jicama Slaw with Peanuts
"This was an excellent side salad to our fajitas. The sweetness of the jicama and tangerines has a small pop of heat which went well with a spicier main dish."