Peanuts add interest and crunch to a crisp coleslaw featuring jicama and tangerines. For a creamy dressing, I sometimes stir in two heaping tablespoons of mayonnaise or yogurt.—Donna Noel, Gray, Maine
- 1 medium jicama, julienned
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tangerines, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in tangerines and cilantro. Chill until serving. Just before serving, stir in peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Jicama Slaw with Peanuts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p91
Reviews for Jicama Slaw with Peanuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 9, 2014
"This was an excellent side salad to our fajitas. The sweetness of the jicama and tangerines has a small pop of heat which went well with a spicier main dish."