Jicama Romaine Salad Recipe
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups julienned peeled jicama
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Combine first four ingredients. In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients; toss gently with salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 67 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Jicama Romaine Salad
"This was a delicious Mexican twist on a lettuce salad. I paired it with chipotle turkey burgers, and it was the perfect complement between the hot juicy burgers and the cool crispy salad. I used full-fat mayo and sour cream for full flavored taste, and to help cool down the heat from the chipotle peppers. I also added sliced radishes, a squeeze of lime juice, and skipped the green chilies because I wanted the salad to be made up of all fresh ingredients. Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe!"