Jicama-Radish Spinach Salad
Jicama is a legume that grows underground as a tuber. Because it has a sweet flavor and a moist but crisp texture, it makes a nice addition to salads.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1-1/2 cups julienned jicama
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, jicama, onion and
- radishes. In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, honey, oil and
- mustard. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to coat. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 92 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.