Jicama Cucumber Salad Recipe
Cool as a cuke and crunchy with jicama, this summery salad dressed with a splash of lime juice is a favorite with Debi Williams of Westminster, Colorado. “It’s especially great as a side with all kinds of Mexican foods,” she says.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and julienned
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and julienned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the jicama, cucumber, onion and chilies. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over jicama mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 96 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC