Jeweled Thumbprints Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raspberry or apricot preserves
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in egg yolk and extract. Gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours or until firm.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Shape into 3/4-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Press a deep indentation in center of each with your thumb.
Bake 12-14 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Fill each with 1/4 teaspoon preserves; cool completely.
Freeze option: Freeze unfilled cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers and fill with preserves. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 cookie: 78 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Jeweled Thumbprints
"I added Vanilla instead of the almond extract and used stawberry jam. I also made up a icing and drizzled it over the cookies after they cooled. Excellent and my two sons and husband could not eat them fast enough!"
"I liked these cookies, but i think they had a little too much almond extract. my parents loved them!"
"I'll be making these tomorrow (12/16/08) to give as Christmas gifts. Thank you for sharing this recipe.Sincerely,"