Jeweled Gelatin Torte Recipe
My mother made this special torte for all our holiday dinners when I was young. I love the colorful stained-glass look of the Jell-O cubes and the dainty ladyfingers in this elegant dessert. I prepare this treat often for my niece, Mollie. It's one of her favorites. -Kimberly Adams, Falmouth, Kentucky
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 36 ladyfingers
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Citrus slices and fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve cherry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; stir in 1/2 cup cold water. Pour into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Repeat with lime and orange gelatin, using two more loaf pans. Refrigerate until firm, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. In a small saucepan, bring pineapple juice to a boil. Stir in lemon gelatin and sugar until dissolved. Stir in remaining cold water. Refrigerate until syrupy, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, line the sides and bottom of a 9-in. springform pan with ladyfingers; set aside.
- 3. Cut cherry, lime and orange gelatin into 1/2-in. cubes. Pour lemon gelatin mixture into a large bowl; fold in whipped topping. Gently fold in gelatin cubes. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with citrus and mint if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 304 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC