- 2 packages (8 ounces each) pitted dates, chopped
- 1/2 pound pecan halves
- 1/2 pound Brazil nuts
- 1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) green maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°. Line four greased and floured 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine dates, nuts, cherries and coconut. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir into fruit mixture until well coated.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and vanilla until foamy. Fold into fruit mixture and mix well. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Wrap tightly and store in a cool dry place. Cut with a serrated knife. Yield: 4 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Reviews for Jeweled Fruitcake
"I have not tried this recipe YET but will next week. I've been making the same fruitcake with candied fruit for over 10 years. One tip in that recipe was to remove the baked fruitcake from the pans immediately and while still hot wrap in foil and store in tightly covered container. I've been doing this and find that the steam trapped by wrapping immediately has kept my fruitcake very moist. I make it in November and this year we ate the last loaf in March. I think this tip would also work for this fruitcake. Will make both this recipe and my old one this year and have my family give opinions!! They are good at that."
"The Best cake i have ever ate... Awesome!!!!!"
"This was the first time I had tried fruitcake and it was excellent. Will make this every year from now on!"