I promise this jeweled fruitcake is simply fantastic. Even my friends and family members who don’t normally care for fruitcake say they love it!—Sharon Hoffman, Donna, Texas
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) pitted dates, chopped
- 1/2 pound pecan halves
- 1/2 pound Brazil nuts
- 1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) green maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°. Line four greased and floured 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine dates, nuts, cherries and coconut. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir into fruit mixture until well coated.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and vanilla until foamy. Fold into fruit mixture and mix well. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Wrap tightly and store in a cool dry place. Cut with a serrated knife. Yield: 4 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Originally published as Jeweled Fruitcake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p109
Reviews for Jeweled Fruitcake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review