Jeweled Cookies Recipe
Candied fruits give a stained-glass look to these cookies that taste like shortbread. —Ruth Ann Stelfox, Raymond, Alberta
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup each chopped red and green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins, nuts, cherries and pineapple; mix well. Shape into 2-in. rolls; wrap in waxed paper or foil. Freeze at least 2 hours.
- 2. Cut into 1/4-in. slices; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 12-14 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 136 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Jeweled Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC