- 1 pound butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup each chopped red and green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins, nuts, cherries and pineapple; mix well. Shape into 2-in. rolls; wrap in waxed paper or foil. Freeze at least 2 hours.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 12-14 dozen.
Originally published as Jeweled Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p12
Reviews for Jeweled Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >