- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple or red and green candies cherries
- 2 tablespoons chopped blanched almonds
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in pineapple and almonds. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well. Transfer to a foil-lined 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Invert dough onto a cutting board; remove foil. Cut into 1/4-in. slices; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Jeweled Cookie Slices
Sort By :
"One of my all-time favorite cookies. The red and green candied cherries make a tasty and pretty cookie. Haven't had a bad batch yet. Yum! Try adding some chopped pecans for a change of pace."
"We love these cookies! I always make them at Christmas time but we love them year round. Being able to make the dough the day before I bake them is always appreciated. Love the hint of nutmeg in them."
"These are my husband's favorite cookie. He will buy the candied fruit as a hint that he would like me to make some for him."