Jeweled Coconut Drops Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1 cup seedless raspberry preserves, warmed
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, orange juice and almond extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 3 cups of coconut. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 2-in. balls; roll in remaining coconut. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each ball.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Fill each cookie with preserves. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Jeweled Coconut Drops
Sort By :
"The flavors are delicious! However, I made 2 inch balls the first batch and it only made 14 cookies and took almost 15 minutes to bake. We tried again and rolled them as 1 inch cookies and were able to get more out of the batch. These we baked for about 10 minutes. We topped them with raspberry jam and half with Nutella."
"Everyone LOVES when I make these cookies. Simple and Delicious!"
"My family loves this recipe. I switched it up a bit and baked the cookies with the jam in, I like the texture better this way although it takes a bit longer to bake."