Jeweled Coconut Drops Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1 cup seedless raspberry preserves, warmed
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, orange juice and almond extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 3 cups of coconut. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 2-in. balls; roll in remaining coconut. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each ball.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Fill each cookie with preserves. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Jeweled Coconut Drops in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p29
Reviews for Jeweled Coconut Drops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2011
Everyone LOVES when I make these cookies. Simple and Delicious!
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2011
My family loves this recipe. I switched it up a bit and baked the cookies with the jam in, I like the texture better this way although it takes a bit longer to bake.