Jeweled Coconut Crisps
When I anticipate a busy day during the holiday season, I make this cookie dough the night before. The next day, I just slice and bake.
Eileen Milacek, Waukomis, Oklahoma
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red and green candied cherries
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in
- cherries and pecans.
- Shape into two 8-in. logs. Sprinkle the coconut over waxed paper;
- place each log on waxed paper and roll in coconut. Wrap in plastic
- wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until
- edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield:
- about 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 152 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium,