Jeweled Coconut Crisps Recipe
When I anticipate a busy day during the holiday season, I make this cookie dough the night before. The next day, I just slice and bake. —Eileen Milacek, Waukomis, Oklahoma
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red and green candied cherries
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in cherries and pecans.
- 2. Shape into two 8-in. logs. Sprinkle the coconut over waxed paper; place each log on waxed paper and roll in coconut. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- 3. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 152 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC