When I anticipate a busy day during the holiday season, I make this cookie dough the night before. The next day, I just slice and bake. —Eileen Milacek, Waukomis, Oklahoma
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red and green candied cherries
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in cherries and pecans.
- Shape into two 8-in. logs. Sprinkle the coconut over waxed paper; place each log on waxed paper and roll in coconut. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Jeweled Coconut Crisps in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p91
Reviews for Jeweled Coconut Crisps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2012
"Have been making these for several years - they're our favorite Christmas cookie!"