I often bake these bite-sized cookies with two flavors of preserves for special occasions.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup each apricot and peach preserves
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white. Place coconut in another bowl. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in egg white and coconut. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- Bake at 325° for 19-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of preserves into each warm cookie. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cool completely. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Jeweled Coconut Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p64
Reviews for Jeweled Coconut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review