Jewel Nut Bars Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups mixed nuts
- 1-1/2 cups green and red candied cherries, halved
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat egg. Add salt and remaining brown sugar. Stir in the nuts, cherries and chocolate chips.
- 3. Spoon evenly over crust. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 145 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Jewel Nut Bars
"These are fantastic! I omit the cherries and use dark chocolate chips instead."
"I made those bars tonight... They taste amazing and they even looked better than the the picture on the site"
"I make these every Chritmas, love them! Easy too!"
"Make these every Christmas.... love them!"
"I have been making this recipe for year. It's so delicious & a perfect combination of sweet & salty. It also looks fantastic."
"No Christmas cookie platter is complete without these tasty treats. Sometimes we even leave some for the kids, not often though."