Jewel Nut Bars Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups mixed nuts
- 1-1/2 cups green and red candied cherries, halved
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a lightly greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together egg and salt; stir in remaining brown sugar. Stir in nuts, cherries and chocolate chips. Spoon evenly over crust.
- 3. Bake until topping is set, 20-25 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 145 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Jewel Nut Bars
"These are fantastic! I omit the cherries and use dark chocolate chips instead."
"I made those bars tonight... They taste amazing and they even looked better than the the picture on the site"
"I make these every Chritmas, love them! Easy too!"
"Make these every Christmas.... love them!"
"I have been making this recipe for year. It's so delicious & a perfect combination of sweet & salty. It also looks fantastic."