Jewel Nut Bars Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups mixed nuts
- 1-1/2 cups green and red candied cherries, halved
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Add salt and remaining brown sugar. Stir in the nuts, cherries and chocolate chips.
- Spoon evenly over crust. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Jewel Nut Bars
Sort By :
These are fantastic! I omit the cherries and use dark chocolate chips instead.
I made those bars tonight... They taste amazing and they even looked better than the the picture on the site
I make these every Chritmas, love them! Easy too!
Make these every Christmas.... love them!