Jersey-Style Hot Dogs Recipe
- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3 pounds), halved and thinly sliced
- 3 large sweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 large onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 12 bun-length beef hot dogs
- 12 hot dog buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, red peppers and onions. In a small bowl, mix oil, garlic, salt and pepper; add to potato mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two 13x9-in. disposable foil pans; cover with foil. Place pans on grill rack over medium heat; cook, covered, 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat.
- Grill hot dogs, covered, over medium heat 7-9 minutes or until heated through, turning occasionally. Place buns on grill, cut side down; grill until lightly toasted. Place hot dogs and potato mixture in buns. Serve with remaining potato mixture. Yield: 12 servings (10 cups potato mixture).
Reviews for Jersey-Style Hot Dogs(2)
Sort By :
Tomorrow will be the THIRD time I am preparing these Italian hot dogs.
Thanks for the healthy prep and the time saver!
I love garlic and potatoes. When I say this I thought PERFECT. It turned out NOT!!
Cut the amount of garlic in half. It is overwhelming. I will not be making it again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >