Jersey-Style Hot Dogs Recipe
I grew up in northern New Jersey, where hot dogs with grilled potatoes were born. It's a combo you’ll love. — Suzanne Banfield, Basking Ridge, New Jersey
- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3 pounds), halved and thinly sliced
- 3 large sweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 large onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 12 bun-length beef hot dogs
- 12 hot dog buns, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, red peppers and onions. In a small bowl, mix oil, garlic, salt and pepper; add to potato mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to two 13x9-in. disposable foil pans; cover with foil. Place pans on grill rack over medium heat; cook, covered, 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat.
- 3. Grill hot dogs, covered, over medium heat 7-9 minutes or until heated through, turning occasionally. Place buns on grill, cut side down; grill until lightly toasted. Place hot dogs and potato mixture in buns. Serve with remaining potato mixture. Yield: 12 servings (10 cups potato mixture).
1 serving equals 453 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 1,261 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC