Jerk Turkey Tenderloins Recipe
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Sprinkle tenderloins with seasoned salt. Combine the oil, rosemary, jerk seasoning and brown sugar. Rub over tenderloins. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Serve with turkey.
- 3. Freeze option: Season turkey as directed. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, completely thaw in refrigerator. Broil tenderloins and prepare salsa as directed. Yield: 5 servings (2 cups salsa).
3 ounces cooked turkey with 1/3 cup salsa equals 216 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 503 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.