This turkey recipe is best with fresh pineapple, however, on particularly busy days, I have used canned pineapple tidbits in an effort to speed preparation even more. My family enjoys this recipe several times a year. It's good on the grill, too. —Holly Bauer, West Bend, Wisconsin
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle tenderloins with seasoned salt. Combine the oil, rosemary, jerk seasoning and brown sugar. Rub over tenderloins. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Serve with turkey.
Freeze option: Season turkey as directed. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, completely thaw in refrigerator. Broil tenderloins and prepare salsa as directed. Yield: 5 servings (2 cups salsa).
Originally published as Jerk Turkey Tenderloins in Healthy Cooking December/January 2010, p33
Reviews for Jerk Turkey Tenderloins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review