Jerk Pork & Pineapple Kabobs Recipe
- 2 bunches green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a food processor, combine the first 17 ingredients; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the pork, pineapple and peppers. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until meat is tender, turning occasionally. Yield: 4 kabobs.
1 kabob equals 235 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 988 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Jerk Pork & Pineapple Kabobs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.