- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 3/4 teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 4 thin slices red onion
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon jerk seasoning. In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and remaining jerk seasoning; spread over tortillas. Spread chutney over cream cheese. Layer with the lettuce, chicken, red pepper and onion. Roll up tightly. Yield: 2 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Jerk Chicken Wraps
Sort By :
Great homemade wrap! I love mango chutney and it paired nicely with the chutney. I could have had more jerk seasoning, but all in all a very light and fresh meal.
Really good! I was skeptical at first with how the cream cheese and chutney would taste but it made a great spread! I used a friend's jerk sauce instead of seasoning (just dumped a bunch on each piece of chicken as they were cooking). I couldn't find chutney in the store so I used peach-mango preserves. These were really good!
I substituted a mango salsa for the chutney. Easy to prepare and delicious.
I made my jerk seasoning from scratch and used 6 times the recipes amount on my chicken (I like my chicken seasoned). I didn't measure out cream cheese (I used the neufachtuel [spl?] stuff) or chutney, just mixed jerk and cheese till it looked lightly seasoned and spread a small spoonful of chutney around for a light coating (I took another reviewers advice and went light on the chutney). Mixed greens instead of lettuce and I used wheat tortillas (taco size)...I think that's all the alteration I did. Oh - just a note, there were two varieties of mango chutney at the store, sweet & spicy and spicy - I bought sweet and spicy - heat was mild (like jerk can be) but very flavorful.
Anyway - fantastic! Great combination of flavors, light but filling. Will definitely be making this again.
These were good and definitely quick; however, I thought that the taste of the mango chutney overpowered the flavor of the jerk seasoning. I may try leaving it off next time, but that may make them too dry. My picky husband liked them. Good with sweet potato chips and Carrot Pineapple Slaw (Cooking Light).
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Jerk Chicken >