- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 4 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/3 cups ketchup
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 325°. In an ovenproof Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
Return bacon to pan. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Place in oven; bake, covered, 50-60 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled baked beans in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Jen's Baked Beans
"Good flavor - mine turned out too dry for my taste so next time I'll try less time in the oven."
"These beans were the all-star of our Memorial Day party. Everyone loved the bold flavors from the molasses and that the beans weren't too sweet. I did cut up 1 medium red onion and added it with the bacon. Otherwise, everything was perfect!"