Jelly-Topped Sugar Cookies Recipe
On busy days, I appreciate this fast-to-fix drop sugar cookie. Top each cookie with your favorite flavor of jam or jelly. —June Quinn, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup jam or jelly
- 1. In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in eggs, extracts and lemon peel. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Coat bottom of a glass with cooking spray, then dip in sugar. Flatten cookies with prepared glass, redipping in sugar as needed.
- 3. Place 1/4 teaspoon jelly in the center of each cookie. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 84 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC