Jelly Sandwich Cookies
Sandwiching jelly between two layers of the basic dough creates these stained glass-like creations. "Your favorite raisin filling is excellent in these cookies, too," Gloria suggests.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness.
- Cut with a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. using a 1-1/2-in. cookie
- cutter of your choice, cut out the center of half of the cookies
- (discard centers).
- Place whole cookies 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. spread
- with 1 teaspoon jelly or jam; top with cutout cookies. Pinch edges
- with a fork to seal. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until
- edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about
- 2 dozen.