"I made up this recipe for friends who are like me and don't like syrup on their pancakes," says Laura Muskopf of Wooster, Ohio. "It's great to eat on the go. Use any jelly...or peanut butter...or both to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Strawberry preserves or seedless strawberry jam
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cinnamon and salt. Stir in milk and eggs until blended.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Spread half of the pancakes with jelly; top with remaining pancakes. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Jelly Pancake Sandwiches in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p42
Reviews for Jelly Pancake Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review