Jellied Cranberry Nut Candies Recipe
Even before they've licked the last bit of sugar off their fingers, folks are asking for more of this blue-ribbon candy. It took first place at the county fair, and everyone's sweet on these pretty squares.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1. Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, 1 cup sugar and lemon and orange gelatin. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts. Pour into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Discard foil; cut into 1-in. squares. Roll in remaining sugar. Store at room temperature between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container. Best when stored at least three days before serving. Yield: 2-1/2 pounds.
1 serving (1 square) equals 59 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC