Jellied Cranberry Nut Candies
Even before they've licked the last bit of sugar off their fingers, folks are asking for more of this blue-ribbon candy. It took first place at the county fair, and everyone's sweet on these pretty squares.
64 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1
- teaspoon butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the
- cranberry sauce, 1 cup sugar and lemon and orange gelatin. Bring to
- a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat;
- stir in walnuts. Pour into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Discard foil; cut into 1-in.
- squares. Roll in remaining sugar. Store at room temperature between
- layers of waxed paper in an airtight container. Best when stored at
- least three days before serving. Yield: 2-1/2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 square) equals 59 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.